International Licence?

In NSW you need a licence to ride a motorcycle or scooter. You may be able to use  your overseas motorcycle licence . You will need to contact Services NSW to find out. The relevant department is Roads and Maritime Services (RMS).

You will need a customer number from the RMS. Click here for location of the closest office to us at Rawson Place, Sydney. They also have branches in other suburbs of Sydney. Click here for their site which can be translated.


You will need to provide the RMS with your passport and a bank statement or utilities statement to prove your name and Australian address. They will then issue you with a customer number, and you can then buy a motorcycle or scooter.