In NSW there are two main kinds of vehicle inspections.
The most common type is known as a ‘Pink Slip’ and is an annual safety inspection of your bike or scooter, conducted by an approved mechanic. An eSafety (or pink slip) inspection report verifies that your vehicle is safe and ready for the road. Most light vehicles more than 5 years old will require an eSafety check before they can be registered in NSW. Your registration renewal papers will state whether or not you need an inspection.
The other type of vehicle inspection that you may be asked for is a Blue Slip inspection. An Authorised Unregistered Vehicle Inspection report (Blue Slip) verifies that an unregistered vehicle is safe, and that it meets design and identity standards. All unregistered light vehicles need a blue slip inspection before they can be registered in NSW. This includes vehicles:
- whose registration has expired more than 3 months ago
- that have been brought into NSW from interstate or overseas
- that have no number plates
- that were written-off, but have now been approved for re-registration
- that require adjustments in their registration records because something about the vehicle has changed significantly, such as a new engine
- that need defect notices cleared.
Scooterworld are approved to perform both these types of inspection, for both motorcycles and scooters. If you’d like to book a Pink Slip, or Blue Slip inspection please call us on (02) 9319 6811, or contact us HERE